Personal Learning Network or PLN?

What is a Personal Learning Network?

Actually, I’m not sure what a PLN is until recently I found out that one of the blog mentioned about PLN. She has write up a great PLN and great explanation about PLN in part by parts.

Therefore, I would define it as a learning network that interactions between peoples or sites that learn something unconsciously.

As I go through what she writes up, she said Personal Learning Networks, or PLNs, have been around forever. I think what’s she means is like learning that never ends. Yet, PLN is not only connecting with people that surround us but also include different communities such as social networking sites. Social Networking sites are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Wechat, youtube, foursquare, etc.

Yet, she also mentioned that “most of the ‘learning’ takes place on-line now, because it is simple to find and connect with others with similar interests from around the world.

I agree with what she said. As in everyone was crazy with technologies in this 21st century. No matter you are driving, you are in the washroom, or even you are having meals, you can’t do without it? You would still online-ing no matter where you are? Don’t you agree with that?

Here is the video about starting with a PLN. Although the background music is quite annoying but the contents are good enough to show us the starting with a PLN.

One thought on “Personal Learning Network or PLN?

1. Pingback: My Learning Journey of Empowering ICTs in Teaching - Week 3- Personal Learning Network (PLN) Make a Difference!